The college has a growing library containing more than 13,000 books, journals and periodicals on various subjects. Library books are assets of the college, so students must take care of the Library books. We have also introduced Departmental Library in every department. Students may issue their required books from the departmental libraries also.
Accession Register is used to keep record of all books of the Central Library of the College. Catalogue cards are prepared for students use. The library maintains subject wise ordering of books on shelves. The work of library computerization is under process.
Departmental libraries are maintained by the respective departments.
1. The central library generally opens from 10.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday and from 10.30 a.m. to 1-30 p.m. on Saturday.
2. Students must observe strict silence in Library and Reading Room, maintaining library discipline and co-operation with the Library staff.
3. On production of the admission receipt the students of Hons. Course will receive three library cards and the students of general course will receive two library cards (For Third year General only-three cards). In these three cards one will be Reference card which will be used only for reference purpose within the Reading Room.
4. Students are permitted to enter the Reading Room only on production of the Reference card. No bags or personal belongings except exercise book and pen are allowed.
5. The Library card enables the students to borrow books at a time maximum period for 10 days. If students retain books beyond the maximum permitted period, a fine is imposed at the rate of Rs 1/- per day.
6. Absence from the college will not be accepted as an excuse for not returning the library books in time. 7. Borrowers are responsible for the books which stand borrowed under their names. If a book is noticed to be damaged at the time of issue, it must be brought to the notice of the Librarian immediately.
8. Sub-lending or transferring of books to another person’s name is not permitted.
9. Loss or damage of books must be immediately reported to the Librarian. The borrower is liable to pay the default fine, if any, till the date of such report. He/she will be held responsible for replacing the lost or damaged book or paying the cost of replacement of the book.
10. The students must return all the borrowed books 20 days before the commencement of their semester Exams.,otherwise Admit card will not be issued.